Agp 4x

mikepoke

Relatively new at this stuff, but I have a quick question.

My mobo has an AGP 4X limitation. Does that mean that there is no reason to get anything higher because the mobo will limit to 4X? IOW, is it a waste of money to get anything higher?

If the above is the case can anybody recommend one of those older cards that will be sufficient? thanks

Mike

Watzzupp

It doesnt really make a difference, if i were you i would be getting any agp graphics card because you may want to upgrade in the future and youll be up for a new graphics card, besides they'res not much difference between the two(as far as i know) And regarding what graphics card to get it really depends what you want it for.
Hope i Helped
DEZZAR (Wattzzupp)

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
My mobo has an AGP 4X limitation. Does that mean that there is no reason to get anything higher because the mobo will limit to 4X? IOW, is it a waste of money to get anything higher?
Most AGP4X only cards are of the NV25 (R300) generation or older (and probably not worth your time buying with a few potential exceptions). Buying a newer videocard that uses AGP8X will just run in 4X mode on your board :)

If the above is the case can anybody recommend one of those older cards that will be sufficient? thanks
Something like a GeForce4Ti or Radeon9700/9500 which is 4X only is worth getting but for that price you can usually do better :)

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
Something like a GeForce4Ti or Radeon9700/9500 which is 4X

All those cards are available in 8x agp :)..

Some Geforce4 Ti cards where available as 4x but it's really depending I guess on the specific model.