Ahhhhh!!!!!

Alphatronix

I just spilled hot coco all over my mobo and cpu. I turn the comp off, wiped it down the best i can and turned back on. Now as im writing this, i smell the sugar being fryed. smells like some nasty syrup. I think my comp is about to meet its final resting spot.... The dumpster...

I hate myself..

Thats what i get for not using a tower and just letting the components chill in the open...

hpi

banned
that sucks hard but it's funny at the same time.

I hope it still ends up working though.

Jet

VIP Member
I just spilled hot coco all over my mobo and cpu. I turn the comp off, wiped it down the best i can and turned back on. Now as im writing this, i smell the sugar being fryed. smells like some nasty syrup. I think my comp is about to meet its final resting spot.... The dumpster...

I hate myself..

Thats what i get for not using a tower and just letting the components chill in the open...

Turn off your computer, wipe it down, and let it dry for a week. Your components are going to die if you let it on there.

Alphatronix

I rather have it die and buy a new comp then sit around picking my nose for a week. I wiped it down best i can. Its sugar, wont matter if i leave it alone for 2 years. damit man...

If you wont see me post anything for a minute it cuase im looking for a new comp lol.

Emperor_nero

I would think the CPU can be saved easy enough because it was under a HSF I assume so it should have been same for a little while, I would take it out and put it somewhere safe and let you MOBO dry out like Jet said. :D

Sorry to hear about it. :(

Alphatronix

lol. its still working. HAHAHHA, i heard a fizzzzlin sound not to long ago.
dont worry bout it guys, i guess the big man from up top decided it was time.

its a 2001 gateway. 128 of ram. 20 gig hd. generic video and sound and the heatsink ontop
of the cpu is the size of brick.

i dont care for it much... i use this comp to browse the net. lol

Last edited:

Geoff

VIP Member
How did you spill hot cocoa on there? Were you drinking it while you were building it?

Alphatronix

nah, i screwed the mobo into my wooden table. right near the cup holder that i built myself into my table that sorta snapped and spilled the cup onto to mobo. lol.

My table looks like its part of a bigger computer system. i got wires running down the side. my hard drives are screwed into the top shelves. my cd rom drive is screwed into the bottom shelf. lol. my power supple sits under my monitor. i wish i had a digi cam. lol you would all shit your selves if ya seen this set up.

Last edited:

Alphatronix

Very funny. I almost broke a smirk on that one. lol.

UPDATE: the fizzle sounds have gone away. But the smell of burning wire is a fire hazard concern at the moment. Ok, i dont think i have much time left.
I coulda saved it but this comp aint worth it.

My other comp doesnt have a tower either. i dont like towers. My gaming computer is screwed to clear platic right near the balcony door.

grimxx

funny story man it reminds me of a time when I though my boss was an idiot see everyday at work he would make us shut all the computers and everything off in the lab because he said just to be safe I thought man this is a waste of time then one night the sprinclers in the building all went off and the room was filled with water but none of the equipment was damaged what so ever we spent the whole day drying off the mobos and other stuff in the end only one printer didn't work and the guy who left it on was fired ouch but see better to be safe than sorry