AhHhHhH! AaAaAaRrRr she blows!

shareteehee

Theres something seriously wrong with my computer, whenever i open my computer to put in a new optical drive or ram i get electricfied by the thing. Shock Shock Shock, kinda like when you rub your feet on the rug and shock someone else, anything thats metalic, motherboard, ram even the case itself. does that mean my computer is going to blow up soon? because i have a horrible habbit of turning on my computer for long long durations of time, usually use my computer to download stuff at night and use throughout the day, etc. Also wondering but if i have a more powerful powersupply would, say 400+ currently using maybe 200 or less would that spike up my eletric bills? or even cause power outage? :(

ahajv4life

Are you getting shocked by your case? Because that's fine/usual. If you get/give an electrical shock to the Ram, Motherboard, anything that is a circuit-board, eventhe hard-drive, you could fry them beyond use. As for the PSU, I'll leave that up to the pro's to answer.

pdc76

sounds like you're missing a standoff or two for your motherboard. did you build it or was t a pre-built machine?