aim problem arrrrrrrgh

M0ddingMan1a

ok so im on my fresh new computer. and i downloaded aim version 5.5 so that i can use it along wit the ad-in aimutation. now after i install aim, it shows a prompt "aim is currently not set as your default messenger, would you like it to?" or somin like that then the buttons YES and NO. problem is.. it freezes when it gets to that point, so i am unable to choose that option. anyone has this problem b4? can anyone recommend anything to solve this? i've tried like all the aim versions, 5.5-5.9. same thing. wtf

jp198780

hmmm, thats weird i was gonna guess something was corrupted, but you tryed all AIM versions, did you go 2 AIM.com? or go 2 like download.com?

M0ddingMan1a

hmmm, thats weird i was gonna guess something was corrupted, but you tryed all AIM versions, did you go 2 AIM.com? or go 2 like download.com?

both..... reli wierd. yes i kno.

hmm..... well i think i remebered i did something. umm... b4 i had installed a old versoin of aim 5.5.x and it worked, but it was still too new. so i downloaded... from oldversion.com some versions of aim 5.5.x and b4 i could finsh downloading my nod32 detected a threat and deleted it. this didnt happen b4, so i was puzzle.

still a fresh computer with out that many apps on it, i turned of nod32 and redownloaded the file. double click, in the blink of an eye, it dissapeared offa my desktop. O.O! okaaay.... notin seemed to be going beserk tho. did couple scans, with ewido and panda scan. so turned back on nod32 and everything was fine. after that, i was unable to boot up the aim versions' that i downloaded.

could this be the problem? should i reformat? i took a look on their site forum and i found this:
http://www.oldversion.com/talk/showthread.php?t=3154

then i found another solution page:
http://www.oldversion.com/talk/showthread.php?t=3143

^ look at the last post. i might want to give this a try, but where the heck is "Set Program Access and Defaults" button??

WeatherMan

"Set Program Access and Defaults"

Start menu:confused: ?

If its not go to taskbar properties and make it insert it into the start menu:)

M0ddingMan1a

ok... so settin AIM as default thru that did make the fix... if anyone has had this problem, thats the way to fix it. yay. ill update if i encounter anymore problems. i fixed my own problem. hahha.

and you might not want to turn off nod32 anymore
you can get a virus in a nano second nowdays on the net
just my 2cents

you might want to try and install 5.5, maybe the oldverison.com is having a problem