Aim

jp198780

this is hard 2 put but, i have AIM on all my computers, and my screename in my own buddylist, 4 example, scrapple4365 is in scrapple4365's buddylist know what im talking about? the reason why i have myself in my own screename in the same buddylist is soo i can see how long i've been on, dont ask why lol, but when i Sign Off 1 of the computers, it changes 2 the other time i was on? like say if i was Signed On my Dell an my Compaq, and i was on my Dell 4 5hrs. 39mins., and on the Compaq 4 1hr. 45mins., and i Sign Off on the Dell, but still be Signed On the Compaq, is it possible 2 still keep the 5hrs. 39mins. or no? when im Signed In on different computers, shouldnt i get an IM saying that? i hope some1 understands what im talking about :rolleyes: .

spraybottle

So you're saying, that if you could have that same amount of minutes recorded on to your other computer from your old one? I really don't see the point in this as you could always grab a stopwatch or even use the stopwatch on your computer. When you log out of that previous one, record the ammount of hours and minutes you've been on, and start from there.

jp198780

yeah, but i used 2 be able 2 do this when i had AIM on my cell phone. like when i would sing on my phone, and be on my computer, then sign off my phone i would be on 4 like 2 days, or whatever, most of the time i was signed on 2 my phone. is there any reason why i dont get the message, when im signed on my screename on both computers? or do i have 2 be in like a different house or something?

spraybottle

And, what is this message you're talking about... Also, I'm really not getting what you're saying bud... Maybe type the "4" as "For" and the "2" as "to" because it's kinda confusing to read it when there's also date numbers too...

jp198780

theres usually an IM that i would get like if i was signed on from 2 locations, and Impr3ssiv3, no reason, i just like 2 see how long i've been on.

jp198780

also, i get these random IM's from screenames i dont know of, is this like a sign of spyware or something?

diroga

i have gaim and aim acounts. i have been on for 45min on thing comp then i started gaim on a nother one. it's current time is 20 seconds. i guess that the time will always be diffent b/c you log on at different times on different computers.

jp198780

yeah but, why would the time be different when your signed on one computer for say, 4hrs, and stillbe signed on, and sign on another computer, with the same screename, and have different times? this is what i dont get...

diroga

each program starts counting time when it is started. so if your on comp A for 4hrs then goto comp B and start up aim/w.e. it will be at 1sec. aim/w.e. on comp B does not grab user info from comp A's aim/w.e. in fact when i used aim on multi comps it would kick me off of one when i used it on a diff comp. what app are you running? just aim?

jp198780

but when i would be signed on my cell phone, then aign on my computer, it would say like that i was on for like 5hrs., why did it do that? but it doesnt when i sign on different computers?