Ak73pro(A) & AMD XP1800+, will it work?

sjvanniekerk

Hi,

I have tried to implement a amd xp1800+ into an ak73pro(A) motherboard, but the computer tells me i have memory problem.

I flashed the bios correctly(r1.20), i changed the mb's fsb to 133MHz, i adjusted the multiplier and there are only pc133 ram dimms present.

Why won't this work?? :confused: :confused:

greetz,

Steve

sjvanniekerk

Hi preator,

With a FSB of 100mhz, i think the amd will not run, it is designed to run @133, right??
I did take the right steps....did I??

aopen site is down, so cant give you a link on the mobo. It contains the kt133a chipset , so the mem should be able to run @133mhz....what other problems ould cause this memory error message?

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
With a FSB of 100mhz, I think the amd will not run, it is designed to run @133, right??
TRY it :) Chips will almost always run slower than rated but not always faster

aopen site is down, so cant give you a link on the mobo. It contains the kt133a chipset , so the mem should be able to run @133mhz....what other problems ould cause this memory error message?
Voltage? Faulty memory module?

sjvanniekerk

HI,

I contacted my retailer this week, and he told me that there is a difference in mobo's from this model(ak73pro(A)). It concearns revisions of the mobo model.

This is what i found at the aopen site (http://swe.aopen.com.tw/TestReport/...Function=494&model=331&Action=updatecom&ID=14). I have to look now if some of the numbers match...;-(

Following PCB/Eng Version is not recommended AMD XP and Duron(Morgan) for AK73 pro(A) :77 73 75 71 79 7A 7B 7C 7D 7E 37 33 35 31 39 3A 3B 3C 3D 3E 57 53 55 51 59 5A 5B 5C 5D 5E 17 13 97 93.

Although the computer gave a memory failure, my retailer told me that it could be a cpu problem afterall.....

greetz...and i let you know...

Steve