Alienware Area-51 or Dell XPS 720

ride3k

if you dont want a full tower like the Stacker, i suggest this over the 900.

Even though the 900 can have awesome airflow, for a first build the wire management will be way to much of a hassle

paratwa

Express your opinions all you want, but why not include WHY you don't like it? It's overall a great case. Why I don't have it? Cause I don't have $80. You may think it's crap, but more people think it's more worthwhile than crap.

I think I have "expressed" myself numerous times on about 10 different threads on why I think the 900 is crap, but I have not seen you say anything original on why it is so good.

So quit recommending something you know nothing about!

ride3k

Other then the case issue, is everything else in my setup I am thinking of compatible, and no problems that stick out. Just wanting to know before I lay money out.

psu is way way overkill

sound card is utterly pointless unless your an audiophile or have $200+ sound setup, and even then better sound cards out there.

I would reccomend a Rosewill 600w Active PFC unit, or a Corsair 520w unit.

as for the soundcard, Look into omega cards for what suits your needs. I think the CLARO is a good card for the price.

paratwa

This is the CPU fan I use, its the same model you selected but has the LED lite in it. I have read that this version actually cools better than the other version since this one has copper fins instead of the ones on the other version. Is it true? I have no idea.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835118019

Also be aware that the motherboard you picked will work with crossfire but not SLI.

There is a step up to the board you picked called the GA-X38-DS5. Newegg does not sell it, but if you can find it, thats the one I would get. It has a better heatpipe on the board and has a few extra features you might like.
http://www.gigabyte.eu/Products/Mot...erboard&ProductID=2672&ProductName=GA-X38-DS5

Last edited: