Alienware or Voodoo vs Self-built

McWrick

Hey all,

I am not really familiar with the margins that both companies like Alienware and Voodoo charge for their desktops, but I was wondering what you guys think a guy could save building a computer with similar components as the Area 51 but in a home built computer. I have an idea but figured I'd see what you all thought. Gotta figure out if the price difference is worth the effort.

I am building the family business a computer soon, Alienware wants $5500 for what I can build for $3500.... Haha, does that ever explain?

ThatGuy16

VIP Member
Never go with alienware they are the biggest rip off, otherwise cyberpowerpc and ibuypower is good. But building yourself is your bet

lovely?

ok im the sixth person here to tell you to build it yourself so if you dont, and you come back in a day or so and tell us you bought a dell, you'll have a lot of angry computer nerds lookin for you

hahaha

HumanMage

I laugh at Voodoo when they have their adds say that "Sorry we cannot take your soul as payment" or something to that effect...those systems are EXPENSIVE. Falcon Northwest has one for just under $7,500...

XxSNIPERxX

banned
u shud have made a poll:p build it yourself would have been off the page:D companies that make pc's and sell it as theirs always add a little tip in for themselves.. normaly around a few hundred dollers:D

rbxslvr

ok im the sixth person here to tell you to build it yourself so if you dont, and you come back in a day or so and tell us you bought a dell, you'll have a lot of angry computer nerds lookin for you

hahaha

Lol... and if you've seen Die Hard 4, you'll know that is a VERY bad thing:eek: