All in one Computer !

HoneyMustard

Have you guys ever heard about a desktop all in one by the name of Clonizer ?

All in one. Good desktop, Flat Screen, DVD-CD-RW, P4 2.8, 1024Mb, 80GB HDD, WebCam, Fax, Scanner, Photocopier and more.

A very nice piece of equipment of easy usage apparently made for the 3rd age people !

What do you guys think about it?

I need to hear some opinions.

Best Regards

Last edited:

HoneyMustard

I'm pretty sure an old man won't be able to use an iMac and also this Clonizer desktop is at least 65% cheaper than a iMac.

The_Other_One

VIP Member
Without seeing it, knowing more detailed specs, or an exact price, it's hard to really say what I think of it.

Personally, I don't like all in one stuff because if one thing dies, the whole thing dies(for the most part)

tlarkin

VIP Member
I'm pretty sure an old man won't be able to use an iMac and also this Clonizer desktop is at least 65% cheaper than a iMac.

Well you get what you pay for, and why can't an old man use an iMac? The macs out today are pretty simple to just use, they mask the unix background really well. In fact if you don't know any advanced stuff the Unix background stays very hidden. So, in reality it almost runs like windows to a user, just different.

tlarkin

VIP Member
Couldn't tell you my professional opinion on that. It doesn't list what OS it carries, it just mentions proprietary software solutions and built in imaging applicaitons. Which seems to me it is probably its own propreitary OS that will only run on that hardware and you are responsible for backing it up???

The sales pitch says it is easy to use, but I would be very skeptical if it was as easy to use as Mac OS X. Things like iphoto, itunes, ilife, imovie, etc make doing lots of stuff on those machines very easy. I would be hard pressed to say someone else did it better with an all in one system over Apple.

However, I have never personally seen one of those things so I suppose I would have to give them the benefit of the doubt. Until I actually touch one I couldn't tell ya mate.

way2evil

im guessing this is your product so heres some suggestions

in my opinion, the design of the computer makes me want to throw up

the overall idea of having everything integrated like that makes setup easier, which can be hard for some folks

as mentioned above, what OS is that?

oh and, is this hebrew?
http://www.clonizer.com/images/browse6.jpg

HoneyMustard

Well, This's not my product at all, but I'm evaluating it. The OS comes from a Iranian software company that's why you couldn't undestand it, you can easily install WinXp without a problem at all. I have evaluated the hardware and it is quite good, their own OS I'm still in doubt, I didn't like that much but it is quite interesting, they say it's easier to use that's why they've assume it's for the 3rd age people or people that don't know much about comps, but thanks God we have XP. Well, I'm quite glad to hear about the design. I'm not happy with the design at all but I'm pretty sure they can work this out, indeed it looks like a paperweight or a door stop kk. Over all, the Hardware is quite good, the OS isn't the problem as you can install XP, well and the design I would love to hear some more opinions about it.