All-in-one computers?

puppyluppy

I'm thinking of buying a new computer for myself as a Christmas present and was thinking about either the Sony or HP all-in-ones. Any comments on the pros and cons of these? Thanks.

ThatGuy16

VIP Member
Well, for pre-built i would prefer HP. Though i would consider adding up all the parts on a site like Newegg.com and building one yourself, you will get much higher quality parts and will still be alot cheaper than you can buy a HP for. Its really easy to do.

notsmart101

mostly everyones ganna say that buying from a brand is not a good idea...but i just got an HP on friday and could not be any happier with it so far it has a AMD 5000+ X2 2 gigs of RAM and a 360 gig hard drive with nVIDIA graphics and windows vista and it all runs real smooth and extremly fast

tuxify

mostly everyones ganna say that buying from a brand is not a good idea...but i just got an HP on friday and could not be any happier with it so far it has a AMD 5000+ X2 2 gigs of RAM and a 360 gig hard drive with nVIDIA graphics and windows vista and it all runs real smooth and extremly fast

The problem is you probably payed double what it would cost to build it yourself. And you haven't benchmarked it next to a custom computer identical to that with a good Mobo, GPU, RAM, or any of the other parts.

notsmart101

actully i checked and i couldnt build one cheaper...i got this for $450...and yea maybe someone with the same thing would beat this....but honstly i wouldnt really care...cause this is a decent computer once i put a new PSU and graphics card in

porterjw

Spaminator
Staff member
mostly everyones ganna say that buying from a brand is not a good idea...

It not a good/bad idea; it's an idea that simply fits many people who don't have the time/energy/whatever to build a custom system. You will pay slightly more and in most cases the parts will not be super cutting-edge, but you will also get a computer that will last for years to come, and tech support if something does happen to go wrong. It seems that more and more people are adopting the 'Big computer companies are living in the dark ages and make worthless piles of crap' attitude because it's the cool thing to do...you know, like how everyone wanted to be Goth in high school :p

notsmart101

hahaha...yea true....i like HPs i dont think there bad...once i get a good psu and graphics card in it i should be good

vonfeldt7

It not a good/bad idea; it's an idea that simply fits many people who don't have the time/energy/whatever to build a custom system. You will pay slightly more and in most cases the parts will not be super cutting-edge, but you will also get a computer that will last for years to come, and tech support if something does happen to go wrong. It seems that more and more people are adopting the 'Big computer companies are living in the dark ages and make worthless piles of crap' attitude because it's the cool thing to do...you know, like how everyone wanted to be Goth in high school :p

+1

Companies like Dell, Hp, Gateway, etc are great for people who don't have time/don't want to build their own. (Also great for people who are just going to listen to music/read emails).

porterjw

Spaminator
Staff member
Goth was cool in your school? Ouch!

Yeah...it sucked. Maybe 1 out of every 15 kids, school of around 1400 at the time. Do the math. White makeup, black eyeliner, and blood red lipstick. I used to say everyday was Halloween.