Always logged in as Admin on Vista

skratched

New Member
Hi!

I was wondering if the computer will be damaged or so if I'm always logged in as admin on Windows Vista? I've heard that viruses are more "attracted" cuz you are more open to that, but except from that, is the admin account bad? (I'm never logged in to the internet when I'm logged in as admin)

The reazon why I always have to run as admin is cuz one of my programs only will run smoothly when logged in as admin.

thank you.
 
Honestly, I have always run in Admin as well up until recently. A good rule of thumb is not to run in the Admin account though. Most programs should not cause as much hell as XP did when running in a standard account. It is recommended by MS not to be in the Admin account unless you are doing system maintenance.

In Vista, it will ask you for the Admin password in the UAC screen if you are doing anything requiring elevated permission (much like linux does with the Sudo command)

What you can do is create an Admin account, password protect it, and then drop your main account privileges down to normal and try it out. If it isn't your cup of tea, then switch back. It shouldn't damage anything.

Hope this helps.
 
Back
Top