Votes: 1 4.5%
  • INTEL+ATI

Votes: 1 4.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xycron

banned
Everyone seems to be a ATI+AMD fan or a INTEL+Nvidia fan, i myself am a AMD+Nvidia fan whcih seems to be a outcast lol, which ar eyou guys? and this is not a debate for which is better , what which you a gernally a fan of, no need to debate or argue, we haev 8000 other thread for that :p

i.Angel

Well right now I'm Intel and nVidia... but after hearing how AMD is just kicking Intel's ass at mostly everything I'm upgrading to AMD as soon as their new socket 940 CPU's come out. Also I'll be able to use DDR2 memory... finally! :D

Xycron

banned
GamerGuy8899 said:
Well right now I'm Intel and nVidia... but after hearing how AMD is just kicking Intel's ass at mostly everything I'm upgrading to AMD as soon as their new socket 940 CPU's come out. Also I'll be able to use DDR2 memory... finally! :D
DDR2 isn't always better then DDR...it has ALOT higher latneceys.(sp?)

Hairy_Lee

VIP Member
yeah but amd's use of an onboard memory controller cuts down the latency in the system so i think its a good move by amd

JFlo

looks like your not quite the outcast you thought you where

oh and the new socket is m2 not 940 :p those are already out.

i.Angel

JFlo said:
looks like your not quite the outcast you thought you where

oh and the new socket is m2 not 940 :p those are already out.

Nope. They renamed it AM2 and they are coming out with a NEW socket 940:p

here...

LaptopExtreme

VIP Member
Is this all for desktops or in general? I see there's a lot of AMD fans out there. I'm an Intel + ATI kinda guy, also a laptop user. :rolleyes:

i.Angel

geoff5093 said:
best out there is AMD and nVidia, at least for gaming.

Ya for now... but I think that the video card part of technology has turned into a "leap frog" game as I have read. For now it's ATi with their 7800 line... but I'm sure ATi will come around with something else that will blow the 7800 out of the water.

Geoff

VIP Member
GamerGuy8899 said:
Ya for now... but I think that the video card part of technology has turned into a "leap frog" game as I have read. For now it's ATi with their 7800 line... but I'm sure ATi will come around with something else that will blow the 7800 out of the water.
i think you mean nVidia with their 7800 line ;)

I've already heard plans for nVidia's new card that has 30 something pipes, so i dont think ATI will beat them any time soon...

LaptopExtreme

VIP Member
I have to agree with geoff5093 on this one. The only competition (if you call it that) to the 7800 is the x850. But the 7800 blows it away on benchmarks. I dont care about numbers at times, but it's a good reference. There are times that the x850 can beat the 7800 in some games and rendering, but almost all the times the 7800 owns it. :D (but you'll find variables in everything you compare.)

Geoff

VIP Member
LaptopExtreme said:
I have to agree with geoff5093 on this one. The only competition (if you call it that) to the 7800 is the x850. But the 7800 blows it away on benchmarks. I dont care about numbers at times, but it's a good reference. There are times that the x850 can beat the 7800 in some games and rendering, but almost all the times the 7800 owns it. :D (but you'll find variables in everything you compare.)
I think you mean x1800, lol

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
We have indepenedent threads for both AMD/INTC and ATI/NVDA discussions: dont mean to crap all over this thread but ...
- CPU Votes
- Videocard Votes

It helps keep the forum a cleaner much more oragnized place. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.