ka5row banned Jul 4, 2008 #1 If the AMD Phenom X4 9850 Quad Core Processor is the newest thing from AMD why does the CPU I just bought have a manufacture date of 2006 stamped on it ?
If the AMD Phenom X4 9850 Quad Core Processor is the newest thing from AMD why does the CPU I just bought have a manufacture date of 2006 stamped on it ?
StrangleHold Moderator Staff member Jul 4, 2008 #2 The 2006 that runs down the side is not the manufacture date . All that is the copy right date for the Phenom. You can decipher the production date by the code of letters and numbers below the AMD Phenom name but I,m to lazy to look it up (google).
The 2006 that runs down the side is not the manufacture date . All that is the copy right date for the Phenom. You can decipher the production date by the code of letters and numbers below the AMD Phenom name but I,m to lazy to look it up (google).
Mankz_91 New Member Jul 4, 2008 #3 The date of mantufacture is just after the stepping. The first chip is 0748 Which is 2007, 48th wee 2nd is 0810 so 10th week of '08.
The date of mantufacture is just after the stepping. The first chip is 0748 Which is 2007, 48th wee 2nd is 0810 so 10th week of '08.