AMD's Quads to outperform Intel's by over 40%

Archangel

VIP Member
its a single CPU with 4 cores, so you'd only have to buy 1.

I hope they will be affordable when released tough tbh.

Geoff

VIP Member
What you guys think about this?

AMD's Quads to outperform Intel's by over 40%?
I came across this clip on youtube while watching computer building clips.

But still will this mean you have to buy 2 AMD processors instead of 1 like intel do for Quad core?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_n3wvsfq4Y&mode=related&search=

Where did it say you need to have two processors? He's talking about a single quad-core, not like what intel is doing with two dual-cores.

And sure, it may outperform the Intel Core 2 Quad, but again, its not coming out until this Summer, where the quad came out last winter.

dragon2309

P.I Dragon
[-0MEGA-];571817 said:
Where did it say you need to have two processors? He's talking about a single quad-core, not like what intel is doing with two dual-cores.

And sure, it may outperform the Intel Core 2 Quad, but again, its not coming out until this Summer, where the quad came out last winter.
Exactly, and by this winter coming intel will have released a new chip, whether it be such a dramatic overhaul that the core architecture was i doubt it, but still it will be significant and the chances are that those chips will outperform the AMD Quad's detailed in that video, you want to know why? Because its intel and AMD are fighting for customers and profit, it's generally what businesses do... The next release after one from the opposing company is quite obviously going to be better...

The only reason core2duo and even core2quad was such a big hype was because it rammed it in AMD fanboy's faces so hard they couldnt speak for a month. The palying field is now leveled and this is how it will go for a good few years

dragon

*EDIT* - also, i want to see benchmarks from at least 5 different sources before i would comment properly

StrangleHold

Staff member
The only reason core2duo and even core2quad was such a big hype was because it rammed it in AMD fanboy's faces so hard they couldnt speak for a month. The palying field is now leveled and this is how it will go for a good few years

I didnt feel that way, I thought it was pretty piss poor that a big power house like intel took so long to come out with something to beat AMD. I dont know how well the AMD Quad will do but I think Intel laid (ALL) there cards on the table. Dont think they will do much but up the GHZ. like they did with the P4 for awhile

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dont think they will do much but up the GHZ. like they did with the P4 for awhile

Exactly!;) thats what i was thinking strangle.

Im not an AMD or an intel fan.....in not picky on who i go with next...just as long as its a good processor.

The only company i wouldnt buy a processor off is Via:D

StrangleHold

Staff member
Intel might come out with a true Quad instead of two core 2s, but mostly I think they will come out with some more lower end ones and just bump up the ghz on what they already have on the top end.