An equal to the AMD Athlon XP 2600+?

Pyotr

I seem to have some problems getting a hold of the title processor for a remotely cheap price, so I was wondering if there was another processor that could match it at the same price. Don't say "get an Athlon XP 3000+" or anything, I can't afford it.. ;)

I'm getting an Abit mobo, if that's important to know.

Pyotr

Yeah, but that's more or less an XP 2600+ still, isn't it?
How about Sempron, Athlon 64 or Duron?

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
so I was wondering if there was another processor that could match it at the same price. Don't say "get an Athlon XP 3000+" or anything, I can't afford it..
The XP2500.

Yeah, but that's more or less an XP 2600+ still, isn't it?
How about Sempron, Athlon 64 or Duron?
For the board you're getting the AthlonXP would be the ideal chip

Pyotr

Praetor said:
The XP2500.

For the board you're getting the AthlonXP would be the ideal chip
That's great. :) But still, I think 2500 are even harder to find. :/
Are there no other kind of processor that would work?

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
ANYTHING at all?
Damn near any chip. if you look at your question again its not very easy to help you simply because youve not stated anything useful towards helping you (i.e., what are you trying to do, what budget do you have etc)

Pyotr

Oh, sorry.
Low budget, just want to play games on the computer, will be running Windows XP Pro.
Anything else you need to know?

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Well if you're running low budget then your only choices are the Celerons and the AthlonXPs .... for which you should grab the AthlonXPs. Done and done :)

Pyotr

Thanks and thanks. ;)
But 2600+ are damn hard to find.
And those bastards don't sell the sexy chassi I wanted anymore.. >_<

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
But 2600+ are damn hard to find.
Then quit lookin geez. Get a 2800 or something... just try and stay away from the 3000 and 3200 as they are slightly overchanged :) Of course it doesnt help that the AthlonXP line has been discontinued (with the exception of the 3000 and 3200 which will be scalled back later) ... that's why the chips are hard to find

And those bastards don't sell the sexy chassi I wanted anymore.. >_<
Buy somewhere else. People sell chips and cases all the time, just move it already if u want the A32s