So, I'll try to do this the most organized and least random way possible.
Intent of computer: Mid level gaming and graphics computer with accents on gaming and graphics speed delivery.
Computer Hardware (at this time):
TOWER: XCLIO A380BK Fully Black High Gloss Finish SECC 1.0mm thickness ATX Full Tower Computer Case
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS P5N-D LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 750i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard
GRAPHICS: EVGA 512-P3-N873-AR GeForce 9800 GTX+ 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card
PROCESSOR: Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale 3.16GHz LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor Model BX80570E8500
MEMORY: G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F2-6400CL4D-4GBPI
HARD DRIVE: Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD6400AAKS 640GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s
DVD DRIVE: LITE-ON 20X DVD±R DVD Burner Black IDE Model DH-20A4P-08
Ok, so now starts the questions:
1.) Do you believe my goal will be achieved with this setup?
2.) I have a 480watt power source...will this be enough for this combo, or will and upgrade be necessary? (also, I might be having a conflict with 20 pin powersource on a 24 pin MoBo)
3.) Word is my MoBo reliability is like flipping a coin. I figured the 750i chipset woul work well with my 9800GTX, but there are issues with Nvidia drivers... any ideas?
I'm just at a loss and I'd really prefer not shelling out money (at $100 an hour) for advice and or services, plus I like learning new things. I have been reading up on stuff, but am leary of BIOS and flashing a 32 bit MoBo (can't be flashed in 64 bit or it self destructs from what I read). I'm hopefully going to be running Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit.
EDIT: Another crappy thing....ASUS just pulled support for the E8500 CPU I just ordered, so when I get all of my components, I have to send back my Motherboard for an exchange already. God, ASUS has gone to suck. Any suggestions for a reliable, steady, gaming oriented motherboard?
Intent of computer: Mid level gaming and graphics computer with accents on gaming and graphics speed delivery.
Computer Hardware (at this time):
TOWER: XCLIO A380BK Fully Black High Gloss Finish SECC 1.0mm thickness ATX Full Tower Computer Case
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS P5N-D LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 750i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard
GRAPHICS: EVGA 512-P3-N873-AR GeForce 9800 GTX+ 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card
PROCESSOR: Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale 3.16GHz LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor Model BX80570E8500
MEMORY: G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F2-6400CL4D-4GBPI
HARD DRIVE: Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD6400AAKS 640GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s
DVD DRIVE: LITE-ON 20X DVD±R DVD Burner Black IDE Model DH-20A4P-08
Ok, so now starts the questions:
1.) Do you believe my goal will be achieved with this setup?
2.) I have a 480watt power source...will this be enough for this combo, or will and upgrade be necessary? (also, I might be having a conflict with 20 pin powersource on a 24 pin MoBo)
3.) Word is my MoBo reliability is like flipping a coin. I figured the 750i chipset woul work well with my 9800GTX, but there are issues with Nvidia drivers... any ideas?
I'm just at a loss and I'd really prefer not shelling out money (at $100 an hour) for advice and or services, plus I like learning new things. I have been reading up on stuff, but am leary of BIOS and flashing a 32 bit MoBo (can't be flashed in 64 bit or it self destructs from what I read). I'm hopefully going to be running Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit.
EDIT: Another crappy thing....ASUS just pulled support for the E8500 CPU I just ordered, so when I get all of my components, I have to send back my Motherboard for an exchange already. God, ASUS has gone to suck. Any suggestions for a reliable, steady, gaming oriented motherboard?
Last edited: