Another nood asking for build help

MachLX

Hey guys, I’m going into my first computer build kinda blind and I wanted to know if you would help with the build sheet. I’m building a gaming system and I want to do it right the first time but also don’t want to spend any more then I need. The parts I’m thinking of are:

Asus A8V Deluxe
AMD 64 3500+
XFX GeForce 6800 GT
Hitachi 120 GB 7200 SATA
Two - Corsair 512 mb XMS
Aspire X-Navigator case

That was the build I thought of using a AGP card. Does it all work together, anything not look right? Also, is it worth switching over to a PCI Express modo and video card now or should I wait. Lastly, would it be worth it to add a raptor 10,000 rpm HD for windows and my games? I know these are all noob questions but thanks for any help. Being my first build, I just hope I’ll be able to put it together myself.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
That was the build I thought of using a AGP card
You dont really have much of a choice.

Does it all work together, anything not look right
Works fine. You might want to try the MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum (nForc3-250)

Also, is it worth switching over to a PCI Express modo and video card now or should I wait
Probably not worth it. Switching to a nForce4Ultra board would be nice though (they are unavilable at the moment however)

Lastly, would it be worth it to add a raptor 10,000 rpm HD for windows and my games
Depends on how much you value space. The speed increase wont be earth shattering

Lax

VIP Member
I am still wondering how you beat me to every single post. Are you online like the entire day? Anyway, what Praetor said would be the easy way of saying what I was going to say.

4W4K3

VIP Member
Praetor said:
I dont sleep. Sleep is for the weak

i've been testing that actually. for the past 9 days i haven't gone to bed til at least 2AM (longest i was up was 5AM) and it worked ok. one big problem though...I GOT SICK!!! lol as you probly know the human immune system is more vunerable when you make a drastic change in sleeping patterns, so i got a roe throat, headache, and just overall weakness. After downing like 1/2 gallon of orange juice and a buttload of pills...i am feeling much better:) i guess i should have started slower lol...

back on topic though, i think that rig looks fine. i would choose the "MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum" though as Praetor suggested. Alot of people i know are using them with great success.

samuelhii_mei

Praetor said:
I dont sleep. Sleep is for the weak

the reason for the weak to sleep is to let them have the energy to walk further!
ya!! MSI K8N Neo Plantium is a good chioce as it is using nforce3-250