Antec 900 side fan

PC eye

banned
That was obviously a typo there. With the normal setting used here the fans are quiet. You may need to use an air cleaner if it's loaded up with dust at all.

PC eye

banned
You may simply have something like a loose fastener on the rear fan or vibration being heard rather then a noisey fan itself. I've been running the 900 since late last summer and you still have to put your ears down close to know it's even running besides the blue leds being lit.

The only thing about replacing fans there is the 12v molex plugs used on them over the typical 3-4pin plug that goes on the board itself. The rear 120 was plugged into the aux 12v socket on the board while the others use the molex from the supply for front and top.

For quieting any case fans down I thought there was a spray available for that. But one blog about what you should try not WD-40 can be seen at http://www.build-quiet-pc.com/?p=35

Kornowski

VIP Member
I'm getting the A900 in a few days, I'm getting the Tuniq Tower Blue LED, so I won't be able to use the side fan :cool: I'm also getting the the OCZ XTC RAM Cooler, so it'll be a blue frenzy :D :p

ThatGuy16

VIP Member
i got the OCZ ram cooler, it looks awesome!!!

but, i can't use it thus it wants to come in contact with my video card :mad:

jimkonow

Blue is Beautiful!!

The only way to truly see if a side fan in the A900 is effective is if someone takes readings from different temperature monitoring programs whilst stress testing at room temp, which has to stay the same.
The first test without the side fan, the second test with the fan.