Anti-virus and firewall softwares

peacenlove

I know this is WAY off topic here but I'm doing a research and wonder if u know the top best anti-virus software and the best firewall software that are mostly used?

vladimirbot

The best anti-virus software is norton, but mcafee is also ok. If ur looking for free software, I recommend AVG anti virus 6.0 some people say its even better than norton! For more anti-virus info plus tips and more, go to http://vladimirbot.tripod.com this site is specificaly designed to help people with their antivirus needs. the site also has a forum where u can ask ur question, and a visitor or the web master will answer it for you very quicly! i recommend that u use that site!

Last edited:

vladimirbot

This question was posted on my site's forum too. If you are a windows user, then the least you can do is activate the standard firewall by going to my network places, right clicking ur internet connection and clicking properties. In the advanced tab check the box firewall, and click ok. if you are not using windows or prefer to go more advanced, then you can always purchase mcafee personal firewall plus.

I don't suggest you activate the firewall if you have a home network, a networked printer or a networked internet connection because it can disturb access to those products.

For more info on how to keep your computer safe, visit my site!
http://vladimirbot.tripod.com

[tab]

[...]
The most popular software firewall for Windows is probably ZoneAlarm, but I've heard good things about Kerio.

peacenlove

Thank you for getting back to me so fast. This site really helps. I'm doing a research that is why I asked questions about which was the best product to use for people to buy. I know that as a windows user like myself that I can activate the firewall properties from my internet connection. I'll have to come out here more often and be more aware of the computer issues. Thanks so much!

peacenlove

One more thing... I'm getting an old computer from someone next week and I wanted to do some networking.. I know I need a hub and cable but is there anything u think I should know?

P

[tab]

[...]
If you only have 2 computers you can get away with using a crossover cable, rather than a hub.

peacenlove

okay how do u do a crossover cable?I have 2 computers with their own cpu's but on one comp only has ethernet cable for cable internet and with that I cannot have dial up for the other comp that I got from someone.