Any comments?

alanuofm

VIP Member
awesome laptops i have one. if you are a student, order under education department and they give you 4% discount added ontop of all their other discounts.

i suggest getting the 1.6 with the 64 mb video card and 512 mb of ram or more. you'll be very happy with the performance/gaming capabilities.

user87

thanks for all the comments and suggestions.

is a 32MB video card ...bad? anyone care to explain a little bit of the difference between "XGA" and "SXGA" to me? or maybe not; i'm pretty sure that SXGA costs more? i'm sorta trying to spend as close to $1000 usd as possible. i just need a basic laptop for school.

thanks again

alanuofm

VIP Member
theres no code. heres the education department link.
http://www1.us.dell.com/content/default.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=eep&cs=2236&link_number=17970622

the 32 mb video card isn't bad. it runs off the same video processor. its just a limitation on the onboard video ram. kind of like even if you have a amd dual core 50000+ if you have 64 mb of ram you're going to have one pretty slow machine. some games are video demanding and need more video ram.

and one thing about laptop monitors (lcd monitors) is that they have native resolutions. this means everything only looks clear at one resolution. at all other resolutions it looks blurry. the sxga has a higher native resolution than the xga. for example, the sxga might support 1280 by 800 while the xga has a native resolution of 1024 by 768.