Any Mac Owners?

Geoff

VIP Member
jnskyliner34's post seems a bit confusing, as it can be taken two ways. First which is that most Mac owners dual boot, and they use Bootcamp, while the second is that most Mac users who do dual boot use Bootcamp. It may help to clarify what you meant.

Nums

[-0MEGA-];1145378 said:
jnskyliner34's post seems a bit confusing, as it can be taken two ways. First which is that most Mac owners dual boot, and they use Bootcamp, while the second is that most Mac users who do dual boot use Bootcamp. It may help to clarify what you meant.

I think he meant most Mac owners dual boot and they use Bootcamp; it would make more sense though if he meant it the second way.

tlarkin

VIP Member
I think he meant most Mac owners dual boot and they use Bootcamp; it would make more sense though if he meant it the second way.

Well since the intel switch their market share has maybe gone up 2% give or take more. So, I wouldn't say that all their users dual boot or use virtual machines like Parallels or VMware Fusion. Some, but I wouldn't say it is all.

Kill Bill

So, rather than create a new thread, I figure this will fit in here just fine.

Who here thinks this is worth the extra 500?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...mpareItemList=N82E16834100043,N82E16834100044

Look at the two, the only differences I found was the 2,500 has:
+0.13GHz on the CPU and +3MB on the L2 Cache
+70GB on the HDD
+2GB RAM (2x2GB sticks)
+256MB for the 9600M GT

I won't say what I think, I want to know what you guys think about it.

Well the high end will be better for games of course for the obvious reasons,ram,gpu more HD space for games.

Nums

I'm just trying to figure out that with the programs I'm using; would that laptop be more beneficial or not. For the record I do plan on getting 4 GB of RAM no matter what laptop I get.

Justin

VIP Member
alright, my bad. probably the wrong term used. but there are a good number of people who dual boot especially those who want to play games.

tlarkin

VIP Member
alright, my bad. probably the wrong term used. but there are a good number of people who dual boot especially those who want to play games.

I doubt it, not every computer user is a gamer. In fact gamers make up a small number of computer users. Your average user doesn't play a lot of video games on the computer, they are more likely to own a video gaming console over being a computer gamer.

Kill Bill

I doubt it, not every computer user is a gamer. In fact gamers make up a small number of computer users. Your average user doesn't play a lot of video games on the computer, they are more likely to own a video gaming console over being a computer gamer.
Ditto. In my class when some one mentions games and computers in the same sentence their talking about yahoo games:(

Nums

Ditto. In my class when some one mentions games and computers in the same sentence their talking about yahoo games:(

Haha, I guess I never really noticed it before, but when you think about it most conversations involving games aren't even on a computer and when they are its some lame igoogle game.