Any suggestions

Teddy

hello

I have a new pCI modem SoftK56 Data Fax Voice CARP i was wondering why every time i connect to my isp the bps always varies every single time i connect sometimes it reads 3.3kbps or 4.3kbps or 5kbps(dial-up) is this normal? But my previous modem which is now busted would read a constant 5.5kbps connection. What should i do? Is this SoftK56 modem faulty that i should get a replacement. Need your opinion on this matter Thanks

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
sometimes it reads 3.3kbps or 4.3kbps or 5kbps(dial-up) is this normal?
I would say thats fairly normal but it might be a quality issue with the modem. I used to have a problem like that when i was on 56k too ... using one modem it would cut out and on another it would be fine

SENSEIS

Most like it is normal for that modem, not all product work in the same mannor that's y you sometimes have experiemt or do further research b4 buying.

AIRIFLE

Another Reason

Aah there may be another problem. Your isp may have a very slow server connection at the isp's end of the line. it happens on my 56k modem. When i connect it only connects at 48.0kbps or 46.6kbps connection not 56kbps so that might cause the problem