..anyone familiar with this AR PC speaker sys?

vanzeenith

:confused:
dsc02232two.jpg

I got this at a garage sale and it works far better than any thing I have ever had..suspect mid 1990's from Acoustic Research
Model is AR-2103

..but I can not find any activity on ebay or from manufacturer!

I believe a monitor would set on top!
The L & R speakers would separate from the center body which also contains a couple woofers.
Really well built...has mute button at left front..mic and headset jacks in front as well as in rear..is put together with a thousand screws!

thank you

van zeenith

robbie347

Ar-2103

Hi Van. I have finally found someone else with one of these. I have a few sets of the old AR-3a's and 2-A' speakers from Acoustic Research. They are the best. Had them in high school and now have them all over again. As for your Ar-2103, I suspect the same as yourself, around 1990. I have been very active with AR products because of their quality. Last February there was a bid for one of these on ebay at a consigment store in California. Opening bid was $10.00. I took a chance and got it for $10.00. I hooked it up to my pc when I received it about a week and a half later, fired up Winamp, put the old Rock and roll on and was blown away by the quality, similar to that of the Bose wave radio. Nothing less from AR of course. About a week after that, 2 more went on ebay from the same supplier, maybe thinking they can dump them on me also, yep, I have them, $20.00 for the pair.

Since Feb 2006, I have not seen anything, found anything or had any luck on line with info on them. There is a seller on ebay called "vintage-ar". He has no idea about them either. I suspect they ran this line for a very short time possibly trying to similarize with the Bose Wave radio only in a pc format. Hope you still have yours and if you ever find info on the, please let me know and I will do likewise. Hope you receive this.

Rob
Ontario, Canada.

jasonjunk

AR-2103

Hi Guys, these are from about 1990-1992.
I have 2 brand new set ups still in the box.... after reading this I will have to give them a try. I bought them in this huge lot sale from a company called Surplus Direct,,,, which became Egghead down the road.
Regards!