Anyone know what to do?

Cager

I'm not sure if this is the right thread or not, I apolagize if it's not. Anyways...

I have two computers, on one of them I can go to a forum (any forum) and everything is fine. And then go to the other computer, get on the same forum, same user name, and even different forums and in some of the posts, some of the words are underlined and it's a link to a page that sells whatever it was that was underlined. Example:: The word "Computer" was underlined and you click on it and it goes to a page that sells computers. It's like a bug that is putting advertisings on the forum.

I am an owner of one of the forums it does this to. This forum also does it.

Does anyone know what this could be? Maybe a virus or a bug of some sort?

Any help would be appreciated.

_Cager

dave597

VIP Member
this is by your forum provider putting ads on. one is probaly logged on as guest one as admin i assume...

Cager

Well, there's no ad's on my forum. And it does it to that. I talked to someone else that had this problem and they had to do system restore back to an earlier date. That seemed to fix it, but I would rather go a different route.

dave597

VIP Member
this forum does it?? must be a spyware maybe. what connection do u have and waht provider. is it just forums?

Cager

Yes, this forum does it. Example:: On the index, the first Topic is Desktop Computers, the description below says Forum to discuss the altest desktop computers on the market. Well, the "desktop computers" has a double underline and if you click on it, it goes to a website that sells computers.

I've only noticed it on forums. Of course, I'm not on it alot. It's the wife's computer.

SBC DSL..

Cager

No, Explorer. The posts are being changed. When it happened on her computer, I signed into my forum as admin and went to edit the post that had the underlines, and they were changed with links in the middle of the posts....

Cager

Just to let you know, and everyone else that may encounter this problem...

I ran Microsoft Anti Spyware Beta1, and it picked up a bug called "LinkReplacer" and the description of it is:

"Link Replacer adds ads based on content to all web pages browsed."

And it is a "Severe Risk"

Thanks for everything!

Cager

Well, I ran one but obviously it wasn't a very good one. I think I'll stick with that Microsoft one. :)