AOPEN I865PEa-7IF onboard sound not working

I just had a new computer built and my onboard sound Realtek AC'97 is not working. I am using Windows XP SP2. I am not sure if the connectors are set correctly on my motherboard. My case has a front audio port on the front panel and I have removed the yellow jumper caps from 5-6 and 9-10. The description on my connections and the Easy Installation Guide are different. My pins are set as:
LIN - Blue LOUT - Red
Key NC
RIN - Brown ROUT - Yellow
GRN - Black MIC IN - Orange
GRN - Black MIC IN - Green (Pin 1)

The Installation Guide says this:
AUD_REL_L AUD_FPOUT_L
KEY NC
AUD_RET_R AUD_FPOUT_R
AUD_VCC AUD_MIC_BIAS
AUD_GRND AUD_MIC (Pin 1)

I have no sound from windows or my DVD/DVRW yet they look as if they are playing music and I can watch the DVD. If I go to control panel and click on Audio Sounds and Devices, click on the sound tab, and click on a program event (ex. Exit Windows - Sounds: Windows XP Shutdown.wav, click on the arrow before the browse button, it looks like it is working, but I hear no sound. I have installed the Realtek driver from my Bonus CD. I think the pins are not setup correctly. I have no conflicts under my hardware devices. Can someone tell me if how I have it, is correct? Everything else on the computer seems to be working fine. Any help would be appreciated.

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
so you are trying to get sound out of the front ports on your case or the back ones don't work?

Onboard Sound not working.

Yes, the sound drivers are installed, Realtek AC'97 V3.67. I have no conflicts in my system and onboard sound is enabled in the BIOS. I have also checked to make sure mute is not checked anywhere.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
I have no sound from windows or my DVD/DVRW yet they look as if they are playing music and I can watch the DVD
Shouldnt matter but do you have the CD/DVD audio header attatched to the mobo?