-ATI MOBILITY™ RADEON™ 9700 Module with 128MB DDR
-Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional with Service Pack 2
-60GB 7200 RPM ATA100
-DVD / CD-RW Combo w/Software
-Creative Sound Blaster® Audigy® 2 ZS PCMCIA
-External Wireless 802.11a/b/g PCMCIA Card

i have more things but should i change something on the order

SlothX311

if you are ok with that only giving you like 30 minutes of battery life, then its a decent notebook.......if you want my opinion, dont waste your money on an alienware.....get a good laptop with a turion in it.......power of a 64 bit athlon, with the battery life of a centrino :D

4W4K3

VIP Member
Radeon 9700 will hold you back, don't expect a powerful gaming laptop, but yes "decent" is a good word.

How much RAM? Also important. I'd be looking at 1GB or more of PC3200 for good performance.

TUMMYPONY86

This is an older discontinued model with an old graphics card. Alienware just came out with a new line of notebooks which are priced competively. If I remember right, this model had a lot of heat problems.

spamdos

i am pretty sure that u could get a better deal than that mainly from the fact that it is from alienware and they have good systems, but they can often be quite expensive. that graphics card will hold you back a bit, the processors good as long as you dont want really long battery life. a card like a 6600go or a 6800 go would be more suitable for that processor, oh and how much ram

CoolKat

SlothX311 said:
if you are ok with that only giving you like 30 minutes of battery life, then its a decent notebook.......if you want my opinion, dont waste your money on an alienware.....get a good laptop with a turion in it.......power of a 64 bit athlon, with the battery life of a centrino :D
I agree don't spend your money on Alienware way too expensive for their parts. On the contrary, you want to stick with pentium 4 it's the best processor out, I found really good prices for pentium 4 at HP.com and I've got several replies that they have good systems from my fourm. You can always check out dell too they are decently priced. If you are going to using the laptop more for gaming battery life doesn't matter, but if u are worried that you might need it you can always customize for more cells.
Kat