Arrrgh I cant wait anymore

Tokinbudz

Ok, i cant find a sure answer for this so maybe someone here might know. When will a 6800 Ultra pci-e be released, and whos gonna release em? I dont think Asus is (hope so though) Im hoping either MSI or Asus releases them, even EVGA i would settle for. My system that I just bought basically is gonna revolve around this card and it sucks waiting :(

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
When will a 6800 Ultra pci-e be released, and whos gonna release em?
They've been around for some time (otherwise SLI with them wouldnt be possible). ASUS has such a card. As for consumer availability, my guess would be 2005 Q1

Tokinbudz

Well i know they exist, what i meant was when will they be released and what companies are going to release them. According to their website, Asus wont be releasing a pci-e version of the 6800 Ultra, at least not for a while. I see lots of 6600 and 6800's but all are either 128mb with DDR3 (nah) or 256 with DDR (weak). I must have 256 DDR3, pci-e, and preferrably not a half ass company releasing it. (eg. BMG, Leadtek, PNY) Us Canadians always get things last :mad:

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
I see lots of 6600 and 6800's but all are either 128mb with DDR3 (nah) or 256 with DDR (weak).
Well according to nVidia's specification they are supposed to be 128MB GDDR3 or 256bit DDR (you do realize that DDR and GDDR3 are both DDR right?)

Us Canadians always get things last
LOL but we get them about for a crapload less than them yanks across the border :p Waiting a few weeks is worth the price savings :)