ASRock Mainboard Microphone Jack failure

Hi,

I bought myself the ASRock B450 Pro4 and discovered, that the microphone jack on the MB itself doesn't work, or at least it doesn't work properly. All the other AUX Connections work properly, only the microphone input does not. I tried it with different microphones, which both work with my phone, but nothing. The only thing visible in the windows adjustments for the microphone, is a slight swing, which lasts for 1s, when I connect the microphone. I already installed the new drivers for the MB, but it did not change anything.
Can anybody help me, or did anyone have the same problem with the ASRock B450 Pro4?

I am thankful for any response.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
If the jack doesn't work, then its possible that you have shorted the motherboard out against the case or the jack itself is bad. Did you build this yourself?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Not necessarily damaged it, usually if its shorted out you get some quirks like things not working correctly. If you remove the short it will start working. I can't guarantee that this is your problem though. It may just be a bad port. You can also try building the motherboard outside of the case on cardboard to verify it's not grounding out. Usually means a standoff incorrectly placed.

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
These boards also use a driver to determine what a jack should be used for. My B350 Pro4 is using the mic port for one of my sound channels. Do you have the Realtek Audio Control installed?