asus a8v deluxe question

tboski123

is the sound processing on these higher end mobos nice enough to do without a sound card or is a sound card still a must. i have a sound blaster 5.1 card. it's like the lowest grade soundblaster card and i'm happy with it. would this mobo do just as good of a job, better, worse?

ZER0X

VIP Member
tboski123 said:
is the sound processing on these higher end mobos nice enough to do without a sound card or is a sound card still a must. i have a sound blaster 5.1 card. it's like the lowest grade soundblaster card and i'm happy with it. would this mobo do just as good of a job, better, worse?

Any sound that comes with a motherboard is fine and the sound that comes with this mobo is fine aswell :p ....but if your looking for really sweet sound Consider getting a Sounblaster Audigy....or just a descent sound card :)

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Use the soundcard :) It may or may not be better than the onboard but it takes work off the CPU

ZER0X

VIP Member
Praetor said:
Use the soundcard :) It may or may not be better than the onboard but it takes work off the CPU

Thats probably why my computers so slow...I have onboard everything :eek: except the Graphics...as youd probably already known :)

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Its not THAT big of a drop (often) but yeah, the point of the SC is to take the work off the CPU (of course the only exceptions really are the Soundstorm/Intel HiDef)