Asus bios version is old (210) Legacy

Abe40

Hello Guys,

I have Asus laptop windows 10 installed. system model is G75VW. I am trying to update the bios from asus.com/support site but I could not find this product model in there. the bottom line is, TPM is missing in the bios. So, I am hopping that if the bios upgraded to the newest version, then I have to find the PCH-FW configuration and enable the TPM 2.0 and therefore, I am going to upgrade to windows 11 if it is possible.

So, please guys I need your help?
Thank you,

Abe40

Thank you johnb35,
you are right because I downloaded the new bios version and upgraded but doesn't show TPM. I also tried to convert the two steps from MBR2GPT and also using bios from Legacy to UEFI. It's an old OS I don't think it has this feature but if you have any different idea, let me know.

beers

Staff member
That laptop is like 9 years old my guy, there's no TPM in that unit. There have been people that registry disable some of the TPM requirements so you could 'try' it, although Ivy Bridge is pretty dated at this point. Flashing the BIOS won't magically add TPM functionality.

Consider that TPM 2.0 was made into an official standard in like 2019 per ISO/IEC 11889:2015