ASUS ROG Maximus XIII Extreme

Hellmut1956

I have a new PC with this motherboard and looking into the iCue Dashboard I saw one tempeerature being 127°C. Here the screen shot:

1660218693787.png

Where is the sensor and what FAN connector seems to be missing its FAN. Need your help asap as this will be fatal for my motherboard.

Darren

Staff member
If it was actually that hot your motherboard would have shut down to prevent itself from melting. That's likely a misread.

Use HWInfo or HWMonitor to check sensors and see if you can figure out which one is reading that way. "Temp #6" is meaningless on its own unless you have a way to get more details out of that application.

Edit: Just realized this is for iCue, which is a Corsair product and not Asus. You can pretty safely ignore this, it's misreading something.

Hellmut1956

I downloaded HWInfo and the sensor readings were OK. Thx. I try to keep my PC drivers updated and it is not been that long ago I did purchase that motherboard. But I will keep an eye of having bothupdated.

Okedokey

I downloaded HWInfo and the sensor readings were OK. Thx. I try to keep my PC drivers updated and it is not been that long ago I did purchase that motherboard. But I will keep an eye of having bothupdated.
Multiple:

1. BIOS
  2. Motherboard Drivers.
  3. Windows update
  4. Intel Update
  5. Software Updates (e.g. iCue)

Hellmut1956

@Okedokey: This high temperature became visible to me after the last update to iCue. Windows and Intel update availability are checked daily. What I am not doing yet is updating the BIOS. But the new motherboard was purchased just 6 months ago.,

Okedokey

Also, consider rolling back the iCue for a version that worked. I would strongly recommend keeping your BIOS updated on your board, especially when it is relatively new as improvements are common.

1660384698931.png
Also, not a lot of risk, as you have a dual bios, its very easy (flick of switch) to recover. IF you do update, make sure you update the other bios chip upon successful primary chip update.
1660384561437.png

What version of mobo bios do you have?

Hellmut1956

I will respond. Thanks once again for your support. Is there a way to know which physical FAN connector is related to the one were the high temperature was reported in iCue?

Hellmut1956

Thank you for your reply. I have the manual of the motherboard but cannot relate the number of the fan with the high temperature to a physical connector to v3erify it is working. I have set the fans to high rpm but key is to find the place responsible for that number.

Okedokey

You're chasing an anomaly. Either remove the heatsink, reapply thermal paste and then reattach cooler with even firm pressure making sure fan is connected to the CPU fan header. But updating the firmware, software etc is your best option.