Averatec?

The_Other_One

VIP Member
I've seen this brand around for a little bit now and they seem very good for the price. Any ideas how they really are? Reviews seem promising too, but I don't want to get something and it die within a few months...

I found a potential buyer for my Desknote so I'm going to sell that beast and possibly upgrade to one of these Averatec's if they are any good. Staples had one for $750 with a Sempron 2800 that looked pretty good...

And please, only good reviews. Not like YESSSS...IT"S AWSOMSOME.

Last edited:

Classic_house

The_Other_One

VIP Member
Eh, thanks but I kinda wanted some long term reviews... Anyway, I decided that I may just put the money back for now...

Geoff

VIP Member
Good choice, if i were you, i would go to bestbuy or something. You can get a laptop that has an Intel P4 at 2.6Ghz+ or an AMD Athlon 64 3000+ with a lot more for around $900-$1500. I would save up and get one of those. (And those are HP's)

ironclaw

I'm in the same boat .. depending on what you want to do is going to decide what you need to buy. I personally am looking for something to do messaging and maybe 1 or 2 programs at a time ... so i'm looking at a HP laptop .. the low end .. nothing real special. I don't need to spend all that much when my desktop is powerful enough to do whatever I want. I want the laptop so I can do things outside using wireless and whatnot.