avg antivirus

Psychoe

I have heard of a free antivirus program called avg. Any comments on how good or bad it does? I know 2 people who use it and love it.

thanks

E!

red onion

If you are looking for free anti-virus software, try using Avast It works well and updates automatically. I like it better than AVG; it uses less memory, has a nicer interface and is more customizable.

jancz3rt

<b>VIP Member</b>
AVG and AVAST both RULE!

I am speaking from personal experience. I personally prefer Avast!. I think it's superior and updates automatically. The updates are as frequent as with any other software and it's all FREE. I really recommend it. And almost forgot to mention that all you need to do to get the key is register....and you receive it in your inbox. Good huh?

P.S.: Both are Czech, I am Czech...both are good...see the point.

JAN :D

Last edited:

ian

Administrator
Staff member
I use AVG on one machine, and it is quite good, no real complaints for free software.

S_Doherty

They are both equally good in terms of free home personal use....Personally I would choose avast over AVG because it updates seamlessly

S_Doherty

Well, for example, right now some of my colleagues are running avg and they are unable to reach the virus database and have been unable to update their copies in two weeks...not very good

mejustme

both are good both update automatically

i use both avast and AVG... avg can be set to update automatically or manually... both are good, but both catch things the other doesnt...

Sebouh

Well when i sawthis topic, and specially cause i was having a long startup problems, i decided to uninstall norton internet security and put avast and outpost firewall. They both are great.