avg help

I am running AV anti virus program and it is going good and got all viruses so far.

But there is one virus it gets only went I am on the Limited Account.

The AVG program comes up and tells me it got a virus called Undow in win system32 forlder.

And it says Move to voult.
and this is the only tab so I click ok.

Now wen I go back on the ADMIN account and go into AVG Tools and Advanced settings I can go into Voult.

And tells you how many days do you want to keep files here and the siz of the Voult.

The is no tab for Emptying the Voult.
And there is no window that shows you if there are any files in the Voult??????????????????
 
As a longtime AVG user, I finally dumped it when I learned their free version no longer protects against Rootkit trojans. You need to pay for that protection now.

Switched to Avast Free which protects against the above and more - and have been happy so far. I've heard good things about Microsoft anti-virus software too.
 
thanks but

I had Avast anti virus and It keeps giving me a lot of found virus even after I scan?????
and the virus avg finds is called Vundo sorry???

Out of Avast and Microsofts anti virus and AVG what is the best??
 
thanks but

I just got Microsoft anti virus program for free.

It says don't have anyother spy ware prgrom with this.

Sould I get rid of my Spy Bot
 
Microsoft Security Essentials is the best free AV available now. Its updates ride along with windows updates so they run more smoothly with better access, and Microsoft is more up to date when new viruses come around.
 
Why don't you scan your system with Malwarebytes and hijackthis and post the logs so we can get you all cleaned up.

Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from here, here, here or here and save it to your desktop.
  • Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
  • At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to
    • Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
    • and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • then click Finish.
  • If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
  • Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan.
  • When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
  • Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • A log will be saved automatically which you can access by clicking on the Logs tab within Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

If you continue to experience problems after doing this, please post a HijackThis log by doing the following:

Download the HijackThis installer from here.
Run the installer and choose Install, indicating that you accept the licence agreement. The installer will place a shortcut on your desktop and launch HijackThis.

Click Do a system scan and save a logfile

Most of what HijackThis lists will be harmless or even essential, don't fix anything yet.

Post the logfile that HijackThis produces along with the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware log

A traditional virus scanner won't pick up most of todays infections.
 
thanks but

Malware would not run that well or install that well.

I just wanted to know if it would be ok to keep Spybot and Microsoft ani virus installed??

Thay say it may cause a bit of Conflik
 
Back
Top