avi file is UPSIDE DOWN and INSIDE OUT!

jiontor

hey- just like to thank you in advance.
I just downloaded a really big .avi file, and it's actually upside down and inside out. The inside out bit doesnt really annoy me, because there's no text, but watching a 1.3 gig movie upside down's really annoying.

I'm not going to download it again, but I thought there might be a program to edit it? Something along the lines of Adobe Premiere, but smaller? Any ideas?

Thanks.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
WHOA! DUDE! Codec packs are arguably the single dumbest thing you can do! Why? Because when you give some beginner dude a crapload of codecs what are they gonna do? They're just gonna install it -- and those codecs do NOT work well together (in fact there is precedence and there are intercodec conflicts). Read here for both a no-nonsense and a "complete" configuration before you go willy nilly installing random friggen codecs: http://www.hazza.dsl.pipex.com/faq2.htm#MOVIE_PLAYBACK

avi file is UPSIDE DOWN
Flip the AVI file.
1. Start VirtualDub
2. Load the movie
3. Video --> Filters --> Add --> Flip Vertically
4. Video --> Compression --> Specificy Codec and bitrate
5. File --> Save as AVI
6. Wait

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
You're perfectly right. I gave that solution for an instant remedy, just for watching that movie. Then he can get rid of those codecs.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
I gave that solution for an instant remedy, just for watching that movie
Not neccesarily -- depending on the required codec and whatever codes are stored on that pack then the problem could have been aggravated as some codecs are really 'hostile' with each other :p

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
Yes, but this codec pack helped me with a weird elecard-coded avi which couldn't be played in any player with normal codecs...