Bad Computer? N00b needs advice

ricekiller2003

I told this guy working on our copier today at the office about a new computer I have on the way. It's a Re-Furbished E-machine T2885. He said he has "four???" at home and they're all junk because the power supplies on them go bad and need replaced all the time. Is he pulling my chain...or is it that he's right and these computers really are crap. He recommended a Dell.

E400-T2885-rn.jpg

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
I wouldn't buy one, but I wouldn't buy from any system manufacturer given a choice. Lots of people hate dells too but there is nothing wrong with either one, I just don't like all the Dellized/EMachined software they send preloaded that never seems to go away

cooldude3552000

We have a dell now. It has been a fine machine and we have had no trouble with it. I have heard that emachines are junk and I would never get one.

Super_Nova

He's right. that is the first thing to go out on an emachine.

I wouldn't neccisarily choose a dell either though.

supernoob

Ha

Geez....I just started posting in this forum and ive had to stick up for our eMachines twice. Listen man, I just purchased a T2862 2.6/256/60. Of course it needs some upgrades, but itll work fine with a good Vcard and some memory. I dont know what you paid, but I paid 380 complete. Cant ask for much more....as far as the preloaded stuff goes ie:AOLjunk...I wiped it out no problem.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
He said he has "four???" at home and they're all junk because the power supplies on them go bad and need replaced all the time. Is he pulling my chain...or is it that he's right and these computers really are crap. He recommended a Dell.
Just because one person has a bad experience doesnt mean someone else will. In generl emachines systems are than say Dell (assuming same specs) because of the fact that they are refurbished -- they have to ensure that the machines are stable and work well