be on the lookout

lilpaul2019

CW coolwebsearch its not so cool, a new type of spyware/adware that is really messed up it downloads trojans every 3 or four seconds from what i know i had it and had to formate my computer, try getting rid of it but nothing helped i tryed this program http://www.soft32.com/download_19014.html didn't work because i let my get really bad, but u should just scan ur computer with this program so u don't have to formate and sorry i am always in a hurry when i am typing

Last edited:

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
Does anybody understood something from this post? :confused:
I admit that I'm a bit drunk right now, but don't think that's the main problem... :)

double-dragon

Hmm I think you need to brush up on your spelling and punctuation before posting.

I think he is trying to tell us not to use CW Coolwebsearch...Whatever that is, lol.

SFR

Truth fears no questions
hmm... I thought Ad-Aware and Spybot S&D finally added CoolWwwSearch to their databases....

Anyway, Lorand.. just like drinking and driving, drinking and operating a computer can cause problems..... It was not a Pulitzer Prize winning post, but it made enough sense. CoolWebSearch is a hijack and this good samaritan was telling us about a little utility that gets rid of the hijack 100%

....hope that made more sense...if not: put down the eggnog!

Lax

VIP Member
No, S&D and Ad-Aware do not totally remove CWS. There was a program out that really did work but they guy stopped updating it. The new SpySweeper also totally removes CWS but it is only a 30 day free trial and I think 30$ to buy after that. (Well worth it) It seems to be the only program I've found that removes EVERYTHING insted of just "saying" it did.

Lax

VIP Member
That's the one I was talking about. The man who started that stopped updating to my knowledge so it only gets the older version of CWS not the newer ones.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
No, S&D and Ad-Aware do not totally remove CWS.
Yes but a good firewall will deal it even if its on your computer :D (emphasis on good)

It seems to be the only program I've found that removes EVERYTHING insted of just "saying" it did.
You can never prove that everything is removed... only that the things you know about are gone.