Incinerates
New Member
I have finally chosen to go with the Phenom II X4 965BE after numerous days of deciding. I live in Canada, but the links will be Newegg.com This desktop will be used for pretty much everything, but mostly gaming, so I have decided on the HD 5870. My budget is still not confirmed, I will verify when all the parts are firm.
Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-790FXTA-UD5 AM3 AMD 790FX SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...re=GIGABYTE_GA-790FXTA-_-13-128-415-_-Product
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...27&cm_re=amd_ii_x4_965-_-19-103-727-_-Product
GPU: XFX HD-587A-ZND9 Radeon HD 5870 (Cypress XT) 1GB XXX Edition 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...D-587A-ZND9 Radeon HD 5870 (Cypress XT) 1GB X
Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Black WD1001FALS 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136284
Memory: G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...n_DDR3_SDRAM_DDR3_1600-_-20-231-193-_-Product
DVD/CD Burner: Sony Optiarc Black 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 12X DVD+R DL 24X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA CD/DVD Burner LightScribe Support - OEM
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ..._8X_DVD+RW_12X_DVD+R_D-_-27-118-040-_-Product
Case: RAIDMAX SMILODON Extreme Black ATX-612WEB 1.0mm SECC Steel ATX Mid Tower Foldout MB Computer Case
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811156078
OS: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 1-Pack for System Builders - OEM
As for the power supply, I did not have the time to research how much I need and reliable brands. Help would be greatly appreciated.
For now, I need you guys to double check my build and make sure everything is compatible and in place. Feel free to comment.
Thanks.
Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-790FXTA-UD5 AM3 AMD 790FX SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...re=GIGABYTE_GA-790FXTA-_-13-128-415-_-Product
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...27&cm_re=amd_ii_x4_965-_-19-103-727-_-Product
GPU: XFX HD-587A-ZND9 Radeon HD 5870 (Cypress XT) 1GB XXX Edition 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...D-587A-ZND9 Radeon HD 5870 (Cypress XT) 1GB X
Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Black WD1001FALS 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136284
Memory: G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...n_DDR3_SDRAM_DDR3_1600-_-20-231-193-_-Product
DVD/CD Burner: Sony Optiarc Black 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 12X DVD+R DL 24X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA CD/DVD Burner LightScribe Support - OEM
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ..._8X_DVD+RW_12X_DVD+R_D-_-27-118-040-_-Product
Case: RAIDMAX SMILODON Extreme Black ATX-612WEB 1.0mm SECC Steel ATX Mid Tower Foldout MB Computer Case
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811156078
OS: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 1-Pack for System Builders - OEM
As for the power supply, I did not have the time to research how much I need and reliable brands. Help would be greatly appreciated.
For now, I need you guys to double check my build and make sure everything is compatible and in place. Feel free to comment.
Thanks.
Last edited: