Best $1000 build.

lemon07r

New Member
I'm thinking of a $1000 CDN PC buld for APRIL 2010, so if its a little more expensive it will be alright.
Here what im thinking about right now
MoBo GA-790FXTA-UD5
CPU AMD Phenom II 955 3.2ghzx4 + Tuniq Tower 120 Extreme cooler & TX3 Thermal compound
PSU Corsair CMPSU-750HX 750watt modular PFC Active 80plus gold
GPU ATI HIS HD 5750 IceQ+ 1gb
RAM OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666 / 1333 MHz / Enhanced Bandwidth / Reaper HPC Edition / 4GB / Dual Channel
Sound Card Creative Xi-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Proffessional
Case NZXT Guardian 921 with 3 replacement fans cooler master R4-L2R-20AC-GP
Hard Drive Western Digital WD6401AALS
Optical Drive Plextor PX-880SA

Am I missing Anything? Is there a better choice?
 

Truth be told the gpu I'v picked is actually better because the memory clock on the saphire 5750gpu ($150) is 1150mhz, but the HIS 5750 IceQ+ ($185) has a memory clock of 4700mhz(a big difference isnt it?). Plus the HIS GPU has a better fan and will be better for overclocking.
The monitor is good for its price but does not support 1080p. I'm looking for one with 1080p @ 60hz (70hz would be nice) at 21.5inch to 23inch and is reliable and cheap.
 
Get a better processor instead of that crap. I hate AMD so much.
1.gif
 
Thanx for all your help. By the way AMD does not suck, they make alot of the best GPU/VGA's (which oc amazingly with amd cpu's). But they do lag behind with laptop CPU's.
 
Last edited:
Thanx for all your help. I'v decided I'm going to go get a laptop in june or july 2010. By the way AMD does not suck, they make alot of the best GPU/VGA's (which oc amazingly with amd cpu's). But they do lag behind with laptop CPU's.

I agree

AMD doesn't suck, but that doesn't change the fact that Core i5 is better than CPU your going to buy
 
Back
Top