Best Cd/Dvd Burner

kopanowsall

Ok i know i want to get two drives

One for Dvd-Rw and Cd-rw burner

And the other jsut a dvd rom no purpose to have two burners

aqsg72

<b>VIP Member</b>
DVD/CD Burner: Pioneer 108

Any DVD-ROM will do really, get something like a LiteOn, shouldn't matter much if you pick any decent manufacturer :)

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
I concurr on the Pioneer108 as the best all-around burner. If you want the best money can buy look at the Plextor712.

As for a CDRW drive, some very nice drives:
- ASUS 522452/523252
- Liteon SOHR5238S (52x32x52)
Are the two best all-around drives

Again, Plextor Plexwriter Premium takes the top crown but at a significantly improved price

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
1. Sony burners are ok ... their main flaw is that they are too expensive for their performance and feature set (and there is a distinction between the two)

2. Dual layer is [a] overrated IMO and even if its not its way overpriced and [c] damn near nobody knows how to do a good job with it :(

lilpaul2019

wow so expensive dvd burner when i build systems i get a optirite liteon samsung NU NEC same for burners but if u got the mony go with those expensive ones but y not save mony get the same quilty with thos brands up there

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
i get a optirite liteon samsung NU NEC same for burners
You got one good entry in there.... care to guess which one? ;)

if u got the mony go with those expensive ones but y not save mony get the same quilty with thos brands up there
Well its pretty much limited to Plextor ... and for the prices of these good non-plextor drives ... i.e., cheaper/same as the rest ... theres not much excuse not to get a good solid drive. Of course getting a fancy Plextor is a waste if the user doesnt know how to use all those fancy features