Best Free Forum Software

TankerHC

I have admin'd forums for a long time. Currently I use vBulletin for 3 of my forums. I am in the process of building a Genealogy related forum and want to use one of the free pieces of forum software.

I have a lot of experience with phpbbb but am not too impressed with the support or the security against spammers, bots, etc available.

I know phpbb usually is at the top of most best lists. I don't see it. But if the other software is worse the bb then I might have to go paid on this Forum as well, I just want to go as cheap as possible.

I will be on a shared host server with a 75,000 query per hour limit. So if there is something out there with mods and a GOOD admin panel option for guest blocking, that would be a plus plus.

Also looking for Social Network Integration Options, direct upload options to mysql database so that users can simply build a photo or video database with point and click ease, that sort of thing.

Simply, what is the best FREE option? In your opinion.

I know I could sit down and read the reviews and all of the documentation on each piece of software, but I would rather go with personal experience and opinions from Admins, Mods and Users.

Thanks

J