Best Graphic Card Set-up (GAMES)

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
can anyone recommed a game that requires more performance than the average game-mainly because i want to test more games on my pc. (i have already tested battlefield and counter-strike conditon zero) they would extremly well on highest gfx settings.

That ones easy :).. Doom3

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
What about UT2004?

Mmmmmmm, not really.. Although UT2004's graphics are very nice and all you'd think that it would be a good choice but it's a fairly tame game and runs fairly well on older graphics cards.

If it's a true test you want to do then Doom3 is the one you want :).. then there's far cry and soon Half life 2.

4W4K3

VIP Member
HL2 won't be too hard to run. Minimum requirements keep dropping lol. i believe you only need a 700mhz processor as of now.

ThePCmaN

well then wait for the Quake 4... it may be awhile.. but that will be a test for tat thing.. but of course u may be upgrading or somethin by then..

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
HL2 won't be too hard to run. Minimum requirements keep dropping lol. i believe you only need a 700mhz processor as of now.

Really? wow that's amazing considering they are saying that Half life 2's visuals are better then that in Doom3.

well then wait for the Quake 4... it may be awhile.. but that will be a test for tat thing.. but of course u may be upgrading or somethin by then..

True enough :).. Doom3's engine but prob more heavy on the system due to larger enviroments and firefights :).

4W4K3

VIP Member
Blue said:
Really? wow that's amazing considering they are saying that Half life 2's visuals are better then that in Doom3.

" The minimum system spec is currently targeted at a 700 MHz PC with 128 MB RAM and a DX6-level video card, eg: TNT2 etc, meaning you won't need a supercomputer to run Half-Life 2 but don't expect to see reflective water,dynamic shadows and bump-mapped textures.

The game running at reasonable detail eg: 25/40 fps, requires a 1600Mhz cpu, 256 mb ram, GeForce4 Ti or Ati Radeon card.

In real life you need the best from a new game so I would recommend a 2000 cpu, or higher 512 mb ram or higher, GeForce4 Ti4800 128 ddr or ATI Radeon 9600 pro.
IF you've got the money ATI Radeon 9800 pro. or Geforce FX5900 ultra
The more power the better but not essential with this game."

Requirements might have upped from then, i found a BUNCH of sites saying it was 1.2ghz...but those were dated from july. i think you will be safe with a 1.8ghz computer or faster at medium settings.

smitherz

if you want to test the performance of your graphics card then run a bench mark i believe the latest is 3D mark 05 or summit. but you need direct X 9c i think so you must av a good card.

smitherz

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
The minimum system spec is currently targeted at a 700 MHz PC with 128 MB RAM and a DX6-level video card, eg: TNT2 etc, meaning you won't need a supercomputer to run Half-Life 2 but don't expect to see reflective water,dynamic shadows and bump-mapped textures.

I've read different. over 1ghz cpu and at least 256mb memory at the very minimum.

4W4K3

VIP Member
Blue said:
I've read different. over 1ghz cpu and at least 256mb memory at the very minimum.

yah see thats what i saw. then i checked the date of that article, its from july (4 months ago) so im thinking the minimum specs have dropped.

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
actualy the ariticle I read was this months PC Gammer, the guys have and actualy review (Not Preview) :)..

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
Oh ya :). they interviewed Gary McTaggart Valve Softwares resident tech guru :).. he's the man that suggests that the minimum should be no less then 1.2ghz..

Oh one more thing :). The radeon X800Pro is aprox. 20% faster then the 6800gt.

4W4K3

VIP Member
Blue said:
actualy the ariticle I read was this months PC Gammer, the guys have and actualy review (Not Preview) :)..

ah, then that's what you should go by. not everything on the internet is trust worthy, but it's all i got. sorry for the confusion :p

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
ah, then that's what you should go by. not everything on the internet is trust worthy, but it's all i got. sorry for the confusion

Well there's certainly no reason to be sorry for anything :)..

RiseandTakeOver

P11 said:
can anyone recommed a game that requires more performance than the average game-mainly because i want to test more games on my pc. (i have already tested battlefield and counter-strike conditon zero) they would extremly well on highest gfx settings.

hey man.. cost-effecient here.. go to the doom3 site.. dl the demo (if you have broadband).. start it up, set the detail to best, and run on the mars surface (when you get there like 15 minutes into game)... i tried that and my framerate was in the negatives ... :D jp but it was like 5 or 6