Best Notebook CPU?

Geoff

VIP Member
its a little more complicated then that, it all depends on what you want to do with your laptop. If you want gaming, performance, best battery life, ultra light, ect.

The Intel Centrino is pretty much the best for ultra light and battery efficient cpu's, the ahtlon 64 mobile, pentium 4, and pentium m are good for gaming, multimedia, video/photo editing, ect. So it all depends up to you.

X24

well, i'd go with a pm, athlon 64m or turon, becuase the p4 kinda contridicts a laptop, as a laptop is suppose to be mobile, and the p4m runs really hot, which makes it a pain to type on while on ur lap, and is heavy normally, meaning not portable.

Travo925

geoff5093 said:
its a little more complicated then that, it all depends on what you want to do with your laptop. If you want gaming, performance, best battery life, ultra light, ect.

The Intel Centrino is pretty much the best for ultra light and battery efficient cpu's, the ahtlon 64 mobile, pentium 4, and pentium m are good for gaming, multimedia, video/photo editing, ect. So it all depends up to you.

"Intel Centrino" isn't a processor, it is a wireless chipset.......but the Pentium M is the best mobile proccy...my sister has one @ 1.8 GHz, and it easily outperforms my Pentium 4 @ 2.8GHz...

alanuofm

VIP Member
the pentium M 1.6 outperforms a pentium 4 2.2. the pentium M is probably the best processor you can get for a laptop as of now. its leading the way with mobile processors in terms of performance along with wattage consumption.

alanuofm

VIP Member

the centrino is a just marketing gimmick to sell the pentium M processor, intel pro wireless and intel 855/915 chipset in one package.

Geoff

VIP Member
Travo925 said:
"Intel Centrino" isn't a processor, it is a wireless chipset.......but the Pentium M is the best mobile proccy...my sister has one @ 1.8 GHz, and it easily outperforms my Pentium 4 @ 2.8GHz...

http://www.anandtech.com/mobile/showdoc.html?i=1800 the Centrino and Pentium M are the same chip, just called different things, thats why i got it mixed up.

And when you say the PM 1.8Ghz outperforms the P4 2.8Ghz, is that at gaming, battery life, what? cause thats hard to believe

alanuofm

VIP Member
geoff5093 said:
http://www.anandtech.com/mobile/showdoc.html?i=1800 the Centrino and Pentium M are the same chip, just called different things, thats why i got it mixed up.

And when you say the PM 1.8Ghz outperforms the P4 2.8Ghz, is that at gaming, battery life, what? cause thats hard to believe

he means when comparing benchmarks. pentium M's are based off the pentium 3 architecture. when the pentium 4 first came out, the pentium 3 was still faster than the pentium 4 haha