Best Point n Shoot?

Dizzy714

Well I had some Kodak 14mp camera (Z1485 IS) and then it broke. I've barely used the thing at all really, and then it began draining brand new batteries within minutes, now it won't even read batteries passing the power on screen. Can anybody think of a quick fix for this actually?

Anyways, if there's no fix I thought it gave me an excuse to go out and buy a new camera. The Kodak isn't as compact as I'd like, I'd just like something that fits in a pocket comfortably but at the same time takes a good picture. If anybody can shoot me some suggestions I'd appreciate it. I was looking at the TX9 by Sony, but it's a little pricey. Thanks in advance.

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Well I had some Kodak 14mp camera (Z1485 IS) and then it broke. I've barely used the thing at all really, and then it began draining brand new batteries within minutes, now it won't even read batteries passing the power on screen. Can anybody think of a quick fix for this actually?

Anyways, if there's no fix I thought it gave me an excuse to go out and buy a new camera. The Kodak isn't as compact as I'd like, I'd just like something that fits in a pocket comfortably but at the same time takes a good picture. If anybody can shoot me some suggestions I'd appreciate it. I was looking at the TX9 by Sony, but it's a little pricey. Thanks in advance.

Nope, there is no quick fix. My old Kodak did the same thing after a while.

What's your budget?

linkin

VIP Member
Well... My Kodak also seems to drain the battery a little too fast (barely takes more than 20 pictures now) So count me in for a camera recommendation.

flanker

I like Canon cameras I have many my last in the PS type were a G11 and a SD1200IS both are older now with the G12 and SD12&14 being now sold.
All my older Canons have all kept working with no problems. I just also bought two new Canon DSLRs to replace my two year old Canon 50D DSLR, I have the Canon 60D&7D and both are working great.
I have nothing bad to say about Kodak cameras as I have the older Kodak 280 3MP now over 10 years+ old it still is working, but I now am using Canons.

Go to any Best Buy and check out all their PS cameras, buy the one that fits your needs and pocket book best.

Dizzy714

My bad, ended up going on a little vacation. But yeah my budget is probably around 2 bills, if there's nothing worth looking at around that price then I'll just fork out the extra money it'll cost to get a decent one.

voyagerfan99

Staff member
If you want ultra thin, then go with the T99. Otherwise I'd get the HX5v.

Nanobyte

A 10.2Mp won't suffer noticeably in picture quality compared to a 14.1?
While it's true that greater resolution should give a better picture, something that has been lost in everyday digital photography compared to the days of film photography is that the lens counts for a lot. Lens quality is never mentioned in the ads nor specs. MP and the gizmos get priority. It would be nice to have a standard optic quality rating system.

The pricier cameras will have maintained the same optics standards as before but who knows about the cheap cameras? I was in a camera shop a few years back and was looking at binoculars. I tried a couple of Japanese brands and then a Leica. The image quality through the Leica was staggeringly higher, as was the price of course.

voyagerfan99

Staff member
Hi,

Thanks for sharing everyone. I currently have a Nikon D60 - have had it for a few years now and have noticed a spot on the lens that is causing a blur in some of my photos. Was thinking of getting a smaller point and shoot with SLR qualities so still one with a nice body but not too pricey. Perhaps you have some suggestions.

A few friends of mine shoot with a Canon. What brand would you recommend?

Start a new thread. Don't jack this one.