Best Protection for PII Toshiba Tecra 8000

tnt27

hello there,

my bro is using a pentium 2 299 mhz with 192 of Ram Tecra 8000. It is around 8 years old, but has been used for about 3 of those years. im riting from the laptop right now, which has managed to run XP PRO and AVG with not that much loading time. but unfortunetly, the comp is completely infested with spyware. i was wanting to no wat program i could use to remove 99% of the spyware, that wouldnt lock up the lappy every 3 secs. it is running on a home wireless network and spyware is inevitable without software.

on my pc i use about 5 different programs for spyware/viruses, but this is an 8 year old lappy, so wat would be the most recomended solution for spyware on th comp without locking it up? thanks in advance!

tweaker

VIP Member
Ad-Aware is a good complement to Spybot, make sure to update them both before you scan though. As for not 'locking up' every 3 sec, your running a pretty tired system there and while it handle XP fine with all that mem you might wanna consider to run these manual scans whenever you don't need the computer for something else. :)

Last edited:

tnt27

thanks for the reply, i probably will use that, i use that on my PC, and its fairly good, but i prefer Webroot Spy Sweeper, but i think thatll choke up my lappy. well thanks for the reply, i will do a spyware/virus cleaning session in safe mode today... :D

tnt27

tweaker said:
Ad-Aware is a good complement to Spybot, make sure to update them both before you scan though. As for not 'locking up' every 3 sec, your running a pretty tired system there and while it handle XP fine with all that mem you might wanna consider to scan whenever you don't need the computer for something else. :)

thanks for the reply tweaker, o was thinking that scanning wen its not being used at all. but yeah thats the thing, i dnt want too many programs at it might lock up pretty easily, well ill see how it goes with spybot