Best Soundcard Brands?

HELP_ME

Hey, i have never bothered buying sound cards in the past so i know very little about any of them or which companies make the best one so i would like your opinions please! thanks.

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
I'd only buy Creative cause they know what they're doing. I don't really have experience with anything else.

However, I think Diamond might be a good company also.

XSIMan

The only sound card for full gaming sound is Creative X-Fi Titanium because it does more than just surround sound it also does 3D sound over 500 sounds effects channels in EAX 5HD and Open Al. It also does 3D surround with headphones. The most expensive version has 64MB of ram so that games makers can put uncompressed sounds files on the card. When Microsoft made Vista and Win 7 they got rid of hardware 3D sound support but Creative found a way around this when they made X-Fi sound cards. Creative X-Fi cards are the only sound cards that do 3d sound effects in hardware and do it upto EAX 5 and Open AL. Games makers are shifting to Open Al and Creative does a good job of it. If you only want sourround sound and music also look at the Asus cards those cards are only about surround sound for films and music and sacrifice EAX and Open Al.

Make sure you have a PCi E 1x slot or above because acording to Creative The PCI slot versions have a bit of delay causing sound issues mainly with nforce boards the newer X-Fi Titanium is PCI e 1x so it does not have these problems.

I've seen benchtest reviews of Creative X-Fi vrs onboard and ASUS and the X-Fi wins mosts tests and also adds 2fps more to games due to the card doing all the sound in hardware instead of the CPU doing half of it.

X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty PRO Technical Specifications
Hardware Open Al
Hardware EAX® 5.0
Dolby Digital Live encoding
Accurate 3D positional audio with X-Fi CMSS®-3D
24-bit Analog-to-Digital conversion of analog inputs at 96kHz sample rate
24-bit Digital-to-Analog conversion of digital sources at 96kHz to analog 7.1 speaker output
24-bit Digital-to-Analog conversion of stereo digital sources at 192kHz to stereo output
16-bit to 24-bit recording sampling rates: 8,11.025,16, 22.05, 24, 32, 44.1, 48 and 96kHz
ASIO 2.0 support at 16bit/44.1kHz,16-bit/48kHz, 24-bit/44.1kHz 24-bit/48kHz and 24-bit/96kHz with direct monitoring
Enhanced SoundFont support at up to 24-bit resolution
64MB of X-RAM
Analog output Signal-to-Noise Ratio (A-weighted): 109dB

Connectivity Line in / Microphone in (shared 1/8" mini jack)
Speaker out (4x 1/8" mini jacks)
Optical out (TOSLINK)*
Optical in (TOSLINK)
Intel HD Audio Compatible Front Panel Header (2x5pin)
* Optical Out supports stereo SPDIF out, multichannel out via Dolby Digital Live, and pass through of multichannel DVD sound

Speaker Support Stereo/2.1 Speakers
4/4.1 Speakers
5.1 Speakers
7.1 Speakers
Headphones

Bus Connection PCI Express 1x

Last edited: