bios update

niunit

I want to know how to update my bios since all this meltdown and spectre stuff is going around. I have googled it, however it seems far more complicated this a simple update button. I havent been able to find anything really that tells me how to do it on my computer (that makes sense to me at least.) I am not sure if it even matters really. I have an i5 8600k, z370a-pro motherboard, gtx 1080 and windows 10. I dont know what else would be needed for you to know. Is it safe to update them? I read you should back up something incase something bad happens. Thank you for all the help as always!

beers

Staff member
The motherboard manufacturer usually has an exe you can download and run within Windows.

If something goes wrong or the power goes out mid flash it usually bricks the board unless it has either dual bios or other recovery features.

niunit

I was able to find that update and somehow I didnt break my computer in the process. I do now on the bootup always get the bios page were it asks if I want to go into the menu and such, but if I do nothing I boot up like normal. I use to just get the msi with the spinning circle, so Im not sure if what I have going on is ok or if I can fix it.