Bios

PurpleKush

hi, im new here. I have a quick question. like i just recently built a new comp. Msi k8n neo, amd 64 3200, western digital 200gb and a 60 gb, got my dvd player and burner, and a ati aiw 8500. so i put it all together, and i try to setup my bios by pressing delete, as it says to, but nothing happens. like i press DEL but it wont run it.

Lax

VIP Member
Make sure you got the kbd and mouse plugged into the right ports. Then if it still doesn't work make sure the kbd works. If the kbd is working then try F1, F2, or F10. Sometimes it says one thing but wants another.

PurpleKush

cool thanks mang. but i've decided to wait to get the fx64 and return this one. my friend also gave it a try too...im guessing it was fried. since it was refurbished, the mobo atleast, from frys. last time buying this kinda of stuff from frys.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
LOL sometimes the mobo come without BIOSes or without the ability to read PS2 ports :p ... its annoying but incredibly funny (in hindsight) when it happens

Lax

VIP Member
Really? I never knew that, I always assumed the BIOS was already burned into the PROM.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Yes but what happens if it isnt burned in? (and they arent burned per-se anymore ... its all EEPROM now ... a minor technicality yes but one tha differences by about 10 years of advancements heehee)