I just got 2 new hardware pieces

Asus A8V deluxe
AMD 3500+ venice

This has been added to:

2*512mb hyperx ram
3dconnect X800pro
Chillovation 510watt psu
Liteon 16x dvd burner

The problem from the start, I puttet in my new hardware and started up my computer and thought I would get a blue screen do to the hardware exchange, this did not happen, and I could use my computer normaly, but as normaly I want to install a frest windows when i get new hardware.
Now 4 times in a row it stops at 9min remaining, and I try to reformat and stuff, but it dont help! BUT then I discover that my motherboard bios is not the newest and actully it dont support my CPU, because venice is 0.09microm (something like that) and then I install this, but suddenly my computer wont boot when my old reallible seagate ide harddisk is powered on, so I try to connect it to my external device, and now the "fun" begins, when I put powre on this smoke arises from the harddrive, so thats how that died.
Then now I have tried to install with my old 30gb maxtor hdd, but each time Iam getting a blue screen saying a lot of crap and
0x000000CA (0x00000004,0X85D59518,0X00000000,0X00000000)

And I have tried to first install windows 98 and that works, but when I upgrade, the same error comes back!

WHAT can I do?

Antti Jeejee

Could one of your memory modules be broken?

I also had blue screen problem with xp installation once (not occured in win2000) , and my memory module had a physical crack in the middle (the fact that installation wen't so long as it did still confuses me).

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Chillovation 510watt psu
Just curious, do you have a link on that?

The problem from the start, I puttet in my new hardware and started up my computer and thought I would get a blue screen do to the hardware exchange, this did not happen, and I could use my computer normaly, but as normaly I want to install a frest windows when I get new hardware.
Now 4 times in a row it stops at 9min remaining, and I try to reformat and stuff, but it dont help! BUT then I discover that my motherboard bios is not the newest and actully it dont support my CPU, because venice is 0.09microm (something like that) and then I install this, but suddenly my computer wont boot when my old reallible seagate ide harddisk is powered on, so I try to connect it to my external device, and now the "fun" begins, when I put powre on this smoke arises from the harddrive, so thats how that died.
Then now I have tried to install with my old 30gb maxtor hdd, but each time Iam getting a blue screen saying a lot of crap and
What bios rev are you using?