Bluetooth headphones.

Grantapus

Hello. I really want some blue tooth earbuds for running, etc. But my parents say that it will "fry your head" . I told them that it is 1000x less than WiFi, but still no change.
What to tell them now?

Laquer Head

Can you make $$ yourself anyway? Sounds like trying to convince them might be a tough sell. Perhaps you have an old item that you could trade or sell to acquire the flow needed?

Grantapus

Can you make $$ yourself anyway? Sounds like trying to convince them might be a tough sell. Perhaps you have an old item that you could trade or sell to acquire the flow needed?
Its not that I don't have the $$$, its that they think they are unsafe.

aldan

time to research some favorable studies.im old school myself so earbuds,to me,dont seem so safe.just one old guys opinion.lol

Agent Smith

Just tell your parents that their use of a cordless phone or cell phone pumps out approximately 300 times more wattage than a Bluetooth earphone and that a Bluetooth earphone only has the range of about 30 feet. Also tell them there has never been any connection to cell phones and cancer, so given a very small power Bluetooth earphone would be very unlikely to do any ill effects.

For added clarity create a power point presentation and provide charts. :D

Grantapus

Just tell your parents that their use of a cordless phone or cell phone pumps out approximately 300 times more wattage than a Bluetooth earphone and that a Bluetooth earphone only has the range of about 30 feet. Also tell them there has never been any connection to cell phones and cancer, so given a very small power Bluetooth earphone would be very unlikely to do any ill effects.

For added clarity create a power point presentation and provide charts. :D
Okay, but I already said most of that, and they said "but there are no long term studies, by the time your my age you will have (such and such cancer or some other signal related problems.) They also said that Bluetooth in general does not hurt, but its Bluetooth right on your ear that hurts you.

_Pete_

Why is this relevant?

It's relevant because you are asking these questions and saying "your parents wont let you......." etc etc. You obviously decide to listen to your parents and then ask on here and make the assumption that we would advise you not to listen to your parents. Some will, I wouldn't. BUT that is why that question is relevant. Either way nobody on this forum can circumvent what your parents wish. So your asking us of these questions is completely pointless.